peaking of quality is not just talking about durable and stylish clothes, it is also talking about products that are beneficial for us, that protect our body from all the external aggressions that surround us, mainly from cold and heat. There is a series of fabrics that, in terms of quality, are incomparable with respect to others. From Tricot Evel we try to always be defenders of 100% natural raw material, used in most of our compositions. Therefore we will review the main high quality materials used by us:
Cotton: in spite of existing more than 50 species of cotton only four types are commercialized for textile use, being the sort denominated Gossypium Hirsutum the one that reunites 95% of the world-wide production of cotton and the other three species the remaining 5%. It does not seem necessary to say that this 5% is a quality that we can rarely appreciate, given its scarcity. Of course, also within 95% of Gossypium Hirsutum we will find cottons of the best qualities. In Tricot Evel we use this material mainly for summer spring garments, and we recommend the use of those that are 100% cotton or mixed with other pure fibers. This material is one of the most common in clothing, as it is fresh, pleasant to the touch, resistant and absorbs dyes actively, allowing greater dynamism and styles.
Wool: We previously published a post explaining thoroughly the benefits and advantages of the world market for wool and the material itself. The wool is another of the fibers that are considered pure and natural and that increase the quality of the garment the greater the percentage in its composition. Wool is one of the most recurrent fabrics, cashmere being considered the highest fineness and category within the garments of this composition. In Tricot Evel we have it for a very dear material, among many other things because it has a natural elasticity, which allows it to double its size without breaking or shrinking, also due to the warmth it brings in the cold seasons, and finally for the spectacular natural and rustic aspect that gives the garments. Summarizing and focusing on what seems most important to us: there is no better advantage than the protection it gives against the cold with much more success than other fibers.
Synthetics: it might seem that there would be no place for this matter here, but curiously there are, apart from those made with chemical substances, other so many made with vegetable cellulose. There are three synthetic fibers that are most often found in clothing, we refer to polyester, usual in shirts and jackets especially; to the viscose, with a touch similar to silk and used for dresses and shirts; and elastane, fiber that is mixed with any other fabric to provide elasticity to the garment. Any of these three materials are commonly used in our manufacturing process in conjunction with natural materials to provide a longer duration and less need for dedication when washing, drying and ironing.